Garcinia cambogia also known as brindle berry and is a tropical fruit indigenous to Southeast Asia. It exhibits different colors, according to its ripeness. The fruit is oval having six to eight seeds and 5cm in length. When cut open it looks like a small grape-fruit. The Department of Agriculture has declared it to be a perennial and edible fruit.
The fruit has many benefits and some of them are:
- Dried fruit rinds are used as food and beverage flavoring agent.
- It is used in Ayurvedic medicines for overall improvement of health and treatment for intestinal, digestive disorder as well as rheumatism.
- It is applied as veterinary medicine to treat oral problems in cattle.
Garcinia Cambogia as a Weight Loss Nutritional Supplement
Many uses of the fruit have been discussed above, but at present the benefits of Garcinia cambogia, have outreached to weight loss supplement. It is a common source of hydroxycitric acid (HCA,) which is proven to lose weight. This HCA is not found inside the fruit, but is available from the peel. It induces weight loss by suppressing appetite. The HCA affects the breaking down and synthesis of carbohydrates in the body.
Role of Hydroxycitric Acid
Hydroxycitric acid contains a number of chemical compounds that hinder the enzyme adenosine triphosphate (ATP) citrate lyase. ATP citrate lyase is involved in the process of biosynthesis associated with fatty acids. By restraining its actions HCA reduces the fat accumulation rate, mass, and weight gain. It also enhances metabolism rate.
According to a research study, it reduces inflammation in the intestine, kidney, and brain. Many forms of Garcinia cambogia HCA extracts available in the market comprises of minerals having magnesium, calcium, and potassium that not only improves blood pressure but also glucose tolerance.
Helpful guidelines to be taken into consideration are –
Though the benefits of Garcinia cambogia is quite evident, you need to keep few things in mind-
- Always buy products with no presence of fillers or other chemicals. Intake needs to be in pure form for good results.
- Pregnant women and nursing mother are strictly prohibited to eat it.
- Warnings are given that consumption of HCA up to 12 weeks and 2,800mg per day is safe.
- Do not consume if taking any anti-depressants.
- Consult a doctor if you are under any medication or diagnosed with any disease.
To clear your doubts feel free to visit fckfat.com.