Economics is a branch mainly concerned with the production, consumption, and transfer of wealth may be in some organization or in a region or in a country as a whole. Economics has two branches namely Macro Economics and Micro Economics. An economic essay requires a clear argument very well supported by full proof evidence.
While drafting an essay in economics, you should study the topic in detail and thus carefully plan out your essay. Make sure that while writing the essay you stick to the main question of the essay.
If you are drafting an essay in economics, the following are the points which might help you in writing a good essay:
Read the problem statement carefully:
The most important thing, while drafting the essay is to read the economic paper very carefully. Make sure that you understand the problem statement clearly. If you do not understand the problem statement try to rephrase the problem into the simple and understandable language.
- Reading the problem statement twice or thrice will give you more detailed description of the problem. Jot down all the important things you might require later.
- If the problem statement is more complex, you can divide the problem into component parts.
- If the problem asks about the effects of one variable on other two variables, you can divide the problem into two parts, the first one discussing one variable and its effect on the asked thing and similarly for the second variable.
- Keep reminding yourself about the question. Towards the end of the solution, you might forget what the question was.
Chalk out your plan for the essay:
After you understand the problem thoroughly, do some research on the same topic and start chalking out your plan for writing the essay.
- The planning stage is important because it gives you a clear idea about what you have to write the essay.
- Write down the key points which should be included in the essay.
- Try to add the details in the identified key points.
- Listing out the key points and the details will help you to describe the same in detail while drafting the final essay.
The structure of Essay:
- After putting the key points in order, start thinking about how these points will be fitted in the essay.
- The evidence and the explanation should be in the main body of the essay.
- Keep other points as per the logic and the flow of the essay goes.
- Make sure that you do not put any points in such a way that they do not connect with each other.
- Keep in mind about the word limit if you have any.
Finally, write the essay with headings as – Introduction, Argument, Essay Body, Explanation, and Conclusion. Write all the paragraphs to the point, no extra literature should be added and no point should be explained lesser.
In conclusion, proofread your article so that you can rectify the errors and mistakes done. Thus you will end up writing a very good essay related to economic issues.