Roofs are of a various type, and each of them has their pros and cons. Depending on the place where you live, and the range of you will have to select the roof. You should also look into the maintenance of the roof because not everyone is capable of doing routine maintenance. So we are going to tell you about some of the regular roofing that you can use in your house. You can also of for siding contractors Ann Arbor Michigan.
Types of roof
- Wood shingles: This roof has a lifespan of minimum 25 years as they are made from the organic material. But the thing is that they are very much prone to decay and weathering. As they are made from logs, so they are pretty much flat and thin.
- Metal roof: This type of roof can serve you for almost 50 years. The metal can protect you from any weather conditions. But make sure you are opting for a company that is specialized when it comes to metal roofing. You need to make routine maintenance and check for the silent and fastener failures. Also look for any bent or distressed panels.
- Wooden roof: This type of roof is quite thick than the ordinary shingles. And hence it can protect you from a different type of rays and weather condition. They can serve you for a long time, but you have to maintain them properly. And make sure no debris is developing on them.
- Clay roof: This roof can serve you for more than hundred years. They will always be a good shape. If you are using this roof, then make sure you are not walking on them. Always clean it by using a dry towel. And make sure that all the broken and cracked titles are replaced.
- Slate roof: This type of roof has a lifespan of more than hundred years. They are very much durable. You will need enough strength for keeping this roof. But if you see that in your slate is broken then you should replace it immediately. And during the installation check if the flashing is properly installed and they are working in good order. If flashing is showing some black color, then you should replace it quickly.
You can easily get this through from various contractors but make sure they are of good quality. And always opt for certified roofers.