Shree Yantra is a Yantra (a geometrical diagram used in meditation) which is used to please Goddess Lakshmi, the Goddess of wealth. The figure is designed by nine intertwining triangles in such a way as to form 43 smaller triangles drawing energy from one focal point (Bindu). These triangles are encircled by a lotus having eight petals, and sixteen petals, and a square with four doors. This is the most famous and auspicious Yantra and has its roots in Vaastu Shastra and Puja. It is the manifestation of lord Shiva and Goddess Shakti. Shree Yantra as a three-dimensional figure is called Maha Meru (Mount Meru). It is a worshipping place of Mahatripur Sundari (abode of all God and goddesses).
Instructions of using a Shree Yantra:
Shree Yantra can be placed in business premises and home on Friday by following certain regulations, like first soaking the Yantra in salt water overnight the day before (Thursday) and washing it with water and milk on Friday morning. Then the Yantra is to be placed on a yellow cloth and fresh flowers, vermilion, incense, turmeric and sweets are offered to the Yantra and the mantra “Om Shreem Hreem Shreem Kamle Kamalalaye Praseed Praseed Shreem Hreem Shreem Om Mahalakshmaye Namah” is chanted 108 times with the help of Lotus seed rosary. Later, after praying the Shree Yantra is covered with a red cloth. Every week(Friday) fresh flowers and sweets should be offered to the Yantra by opening the red cloth, rest week prayers could be offered by just removing the tip of the cloth. Shree Yantra can be made of gold, copper, silver, brass metal and of Crystal also.
Significance of Shree Yantra:
- It brings good luck and fortune to the possessor.
- It brings financial gains and wealth to the worshipper.
- It makes a person a person more positive in life as all the hurdles are removed by praying of the Shree Yantra.
- Goddess Lakshmi showers prosperity on the people who properly practice the Yantra.
- It is commonly used by businessman to bring in good profits in their work and on occasions like Diwali.